National Grandparents' Day is Sunday the 11th. Now is the time to plan how you will celebrate your grandparents. As a grandparent, time with my girls is the most important thing. They bring so much joy to my life and are the inspiration for CeCe's Home & Gifts. Here are some GRAND-ideas that are grandparent (CeCe) approved.
- CeCe's Pick: Makeup a dance with grandparents with their favorite song. Kids and grandparents will perform for family and friends on social media.
- Create and post a Grand-dance video with your family and friends in honor of Grandparents Day. Don't forget to use captions to show extra love.
- Show your love by positing special notes, memories, and photos. Why are your Grandparents so special? What is your favorite memory of your time with them? How do your Grandparents inspire you?
- Create a grandparent appreciation coupon book with coupons for different things the kids can do for their grandparents after Grandparents' Day.
There is no better gift than time for all grandparents. Here are some ideas to create new memories. Don’t forget to capture Grandparents' Day with a photo of grandparents with their grandchildren.
- CeCe's Pick: Coordinate a sleepover at the grandparents' house for the grandkids. Since the party's purpose is to encourage grandparent-grandchild bonding time, make the event easy on the grandparents by having a pizza delivered or providing breakfast food and juice.
- Spend Grandparents' Day together cooking a snack, dessert, or even a meal. It's fun, and you'll get a yummy treat afterward.
- Have kids plan, prepare, and serve a meal to grandma and grandpa. Include some of the grandparents' favorite foods or family recipes. Deliver it to their house or invite the whole family over to enjoy the meal together.
- Host a family meal, where the kids "go around the table taking turns expressing words of appreciation" for all the good things grandparents have done for them.
- CeCe's Pick: Make a homemade puzzle card. Paste a photo of the grandchild on cardboard, cut it into pieces and send it with a note that says, "Put this together and see who loves you!"
- Provide your children with art supplies, such as paint, colorful paper scraps and stencils, and see what they come up with on their own.
Please share your ideas using the comment section of the blog post.